7 Hacks To Get Fit In 2020
You Are Important! In 2020 Take Better Care of Yourself and Get Back into Optimum Health & Fitness
You work hard throughout the year to achieve your goals and acquire the material possessions you desire. However whilst doing this you may have put your health and fitness on hold making up excuses as to why you haven’t got the time or energy to work out. Well, no more excuses in 2020. Here are 7 hacks to make health and fitness your priority this year.
- Set Realistic Goals. Athletes set goals prior to the upcoming season, so why can’t you? Set a realistic goal, set a time to achieve that goal and track the goal daily. Oh, and write it down and keep it on hand and refer to it frequently. For example, you want to lose 5 kg within the next two months, which is a realistic goal. Set a start date and record it somewhere. Then track your progress. You will get off course from time to time but don’t despair get back on track ASAP and resume your journey to your goal.
- Remind Yourself Why You want to Get Fit? You may be sick of being overweight. Or you may want to get stronger or increase your cardio. Or perhaps your diet is not as healthy as it should be. Regular practice of aikido or a fitness routine guards against illness and injury and keeps you on track to your fitness goals.
- Watch Your Mental Health. A lot is spoken and written about our physical health, but just as important and if not more so, is our mental health and well-being. If our mind is not in the right place all the goal-setting in the world will not help. Balance is the key! Balance your physical exercise with 10 to 15 minutes of meditation each day. This is guaranteed to bring back balance into your life and de-stress you. There is a reason why we do a short meditation prior to and after aikido class….so that we can bring our mind back into balance and calm the heart and nervous system down.
- Massage/Mobility/Stretching. Massaging your own body or going to a professional masseur is a great way to relieve stress and release toxins from your body. Also, the mobility and stretching exercises we do in aikido are a great way to keep your body more mobile and flexible whilst gaining overall muscular strength.
- Vary Your Workout. Humans get bored very easily so it makes sense to have a variety of exercises in which to utilise in your physical workout. It could be as simple as doing a weights workout for four weeks and then change to running hills for a week. Do whatever interests you and keeps you motivated and moving towards your fitness goals.
- Down Time. Don’t be afraid to take some time off and relax. By doing this you avoid over-training and give the body and mind some time to rejuvenate and re-motivate so you can continue your fitness or martial arts journey.
- Reset and Renew. Give yourself time to congratulate yourself on achieving your goals. Celebrate! Then set another goal to achieve and make progress towards that goal as you did before.
Since 1993 we have been helping people in Perth’s Northern Suburbs acquire practical self-defence skills, gain confidence and get physically fit. Let’s work together to make 2020 your best year yet! Enquire about how we can help you, today!